Jewish dating sites feinberg Sex chat free with no member ship or paying
138, Bnai Brith, in the Synagogue, South Fourth Street." This would be the synagogue at 521 South Fourth Street, which was no longer used for any regular Jewish purpose after 1901.1902-3 city directory - The 521 South Fourth Street building for Jewish function has disappeared from the directory.As noted above, Feinberg says this building was not used as a synagogue after 1901. By the 1940s and 50s, this building is a residence, with a porch added in front and a small entryway or utility room on the back."Previous to this, services were held in the Masonic Lodge Hall."1870-71 city directory - Cremieux Lodge, IOBB [Bnai Brith], No. Meets at Jewish Temple, west side Fifth between Main and King Streets.From the 1884 Sanborn Atlas, this appears to be a brick commercial building, and this is probably the same location as listed for 1866-7.1873-4 city directory - Congregation Anshe [usually spelled Anche] Chesed, on Jay St, NW corner of Fifth.It was long and low, and had stalls for at least three autos. At this time, according to Feinberg, there was an estimated Jewish population in La Crosse of about thirty families, including both Reformed and Orthodox Faiths.Also in this year, the Orthodox Synagogue was founded under the name of Congregation Sons of Abraham. The Cremieux Lodge, however, is meeting "in the Synagogue on S.The building is identified as a synagogue, providing documentary evidence of its use in that manner.It is shown as a one-story wood frame building, rectangular and fronting on Fourth Street, and heated with a wood stove. This building's next use is as a Christian Science Church, confirmed in both city directories and the 1906 Sanborn Atlas.
While many structures have been used for Jewish religious purposes in La Crosse over time, we know that John Levy and his wife Fredericka were the first Jewish residents in the city when La Crosse was just a meeting spot on the sand prairie.
It has since been torn down, and the area is now a parking lot.
A wood garage, oriented east-west and probably erected in the 1940's, still exists at the rear of this lot.
January 26, 1940 is the date on which Russian-Jewish writer Isaac Babel, widely considered one of the finest stylists of the 20th century, was tried and convicted on a variety of trumped-up charges, in a...
Your comment was successfully submitted and will be published in accordance with site policy.